- Departments H-Z
- Human Resources
The Department of Human Resources is committed to providing services that support County's leadership and employees, enabling them to achieve their goals and the mission of King George County. We strive to promote excellence, equity, diversity, and support a high quality of work life for staff and faculty. We provide a positive HR service experience for applicants, employees, and retirees and collaborate with departments to recruit, develop, support, and retain diverse and talented employees who are the key to King George's reputation and success.
Strategic Goals / Objectives
- Provide organizational consulting services to all management areas to improve organizational and individual performance
- Inform employees about the importance of education, awareness, self-care, and behavioral change in improving wellness and productivity
- Collaborate with individuals and departments to deliver a broader range of wellness programs and services for improved physical and mental health
- Target employee communications more effectively to meet employee information needs
- Leverage technology to streamline HR service processes and improve access to employee information
- Ensure King George County's commitment to diversity and non-discrimination through our actions and in our employee recruitment efforts
- Improve employee onboarding experience and employee morale
- Develop policies to meet the needs of the organization and legal compliance
- Ensure employee performance evaluations serve the needs of the County; Administration, Department Heads and Employees
King George County is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
King George County is committed to the maintenance of promotion of the policy of nondiscrimination by incorporating sound merit principles in all aspects of human resource management affecting its employees and applicants. Human Resource management within the County shall be implemented free from such unlawful personnel practices as discrimination, sexual harassment or harassment based on other protected characteristics, retaliation, or any other conduct inconsistent with sound merit principles. The County shall provide equal employment opportunity to all employees in the competitive service of the County and to all applicants for such service on the basis of fitness and job-related qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, sex, or age (except where a characteristic is a bona fide occupational qualification).